Recipe by Manami
This one looked great to me! L'Shana Tova! It came out beautifully. From the cake mix doctor with a few slight changes. Hope you like it as well.
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) yellow cake mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup honey (I used buckwheat)
- 3⁄4 cup strong brewed coffee, cooled
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons whiskey or 3 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1 large egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Grease and flour a 10" tube pan or a 13x9" baking dish. Sprinkle pan with slivered almonds.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, cinnamon, ginger, honey, coffee, oil, whsikey or bourbon, and egg. Beat at low speed with an electric mixer until moistened; beat an additional 2 minutes at high speed.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 55 to 70 minutes, if using the tube pan or check after 35 minutes if using the.
- 13x9" pan.
- Cool upright in the pan for 5 minutes then invert to serving plate.
- L'Shanah Tova and may we know Peace!
- L'Shana Tova!