1/5 Photos of Almond Crusted Chicken
Recipe Reader's Note:
From Williams Sonoma's Cooking Basics. It uses boneless skinless chicken breasts and is quite delicious. It's a great dish for company. I used a little more almonds and parmesan cheese for the coating - it depends on the size of your chicken breasts. I also prefer more shallot and a little more wine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pounded thin
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, minced
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons shallots, chopped
- 4 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- 2Combine the parmesan cheese and almonds in a flat dish.
- 3In a large frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of butter with 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 4Dip each chicken piece into flour, shaking off the excess, then dip it into the beaten egg, then into the parmesan & almonds.
- 5Place chicken into hot pan and cook 2 minutes, until golden brown. Turn and cook 1-2 minutes on the other side.
- 6Transfer to a warm plate.
- 7Pour off excess oil from pan.
- 8Add shallots and parsley to pan and sauté over medium heat. Add wine, then gradually whisk in the remaining butter.
- 9Season with salt and pepper and spoon over chicken breasts. Squeeze a little lemon juice over each breast.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond Crusted Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 564.2
- Calories from Fat 369
- Total Fat 41.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 178.8 mg
- Sodium 502.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 35.2 g