Recipe by Pinay0618
Cream cheese is the secret to this lovely cake’s moist, creamy texture. It cuts beautifully, even into very thin slices. Serve it with fresh strawberries, raspberries or other seasonal fruit. From Cooking Club of America.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325°F Spray fixed-bottom 9 1/2- or 10-inch tube pan with cooking spray. Line bottom with parchment paper; spray paper.
- Whisk flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Beat butter and cream cheese in large bowl at medium speed until combined. Beat in sugar 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs in 3 parts, beating well after each addition. At low speed, beat in almond extract and vanilla until blended. Slowly beat in flour mixture just until incorporated. Spoon batter into pan; sprinkle with almonds, pressing gently into batter.
- Bake 1 hour 15 minutes to 1 hour 20 minutes or until wooden skewer inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack 20 minutes. Run small knife around edges and tube; invert cake onto wire rack. Remove parchment paper; turn almond-side up. Cool completely. (Cake can be made 3 days ahead.) Store at room temperature.