Recipe by SouthernBell2627
I got this recipe from a very good friend. She made them for me as a Christmas gift. These cookies are excellent!!!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 teaspoon butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (16 ounce) box confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons almond flavoring
Directions See How It's Made
- COOKIES: Cream sugar and butter together.
- Add eggs, flour and flavoring.
- Stir in pecans, if desired.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls on a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 10 minutes at 350°.
- ICING: Combine icing ingredients and mix well. Spread on cooled cookies.