Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a Christmas staple in our house.
Make and share this Almond Cookie Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Cream together butter, sugar, egg yolk, vanilla, and salt.
- Add sifted flour.
- Spread on greased cookie sheet w/ sides.
- Beat egg white and brush on dough.
- Place entire package of sliced almonds on top.
- Bake at 325 for 30 minutes or until brown.
- Cool 15 minute Cut into bars.