Recipe by M&H Cornucopia
I got a recipe from a friend for Pear Cobbler. It was Really good. I decided to come up with my own recipe. The only thing that I kept the same was the sugar and flour measurments.
Top Review by loof
This was a delicious cobbler! I liked the light taste of cinnamon and the almond flavor really made this great. Easy to make, yummy with ice cream - thanks for posting the recipe! Made for Fall PAC 2008
- 24 ounces frozen blueberries (frozen is best because it makes its own juice when it defrosts)
- 1⁄2 cup salted butter
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- ground cinnamon
- Pam cooking spray (I used the olive oil flavour)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350°F.
- In a microwave safe dish pour in blueberries and add stick of butter. Put microwave on defrost and microwave for 6 minutes. After micro beeps stir and microwave at half power 2 minutes at a time until blueberries are defrosted and butter is melted.
- In a mixing bowl mix sugar and flour.
- Add evaporated milk. Stir until well mixed. Add a little cinnamon just until there is a LIGHT SPECKLE in the mixture.
- Add Almond extract.
- In a 9x12 dish (I used glass) spray non-stick cooking spray. (It's important that you evenly coat the pan and that you dont miss a spot becuase it will make cleaning the dish easier.).
- Pour blueberry and butter mixture into your baking dish.
- Sporatically pour sugar mixture over blueberry mixture. You dont want to much "dough" in one spot so be careful.
- Lightly sprinkle a little more cinnamon on top
- Place in oven and cook for 1 hour at 350°F.