Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Who says a "fry up " is just for brekkie?
- 1 medium fresh onion, peeled & chopped
- 1 (400 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 slice lean back bacon, chopped fine
- 1 (400 g) can baked beans
- 3 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1 quorn sausage, diced
- 2 'marigold' veg chicken stock cubes
- 2 large potatoes, diced
- 1 pint boiling water
- 1 -2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, sauce. (Use 1 first, and add more at end of cooking if wanted)
- HP steak sauce
- salt and black pepper
- In a large pan use some Fry Light and cook off the bacon and onions.
- Dissolve stock cubes in boiling water, and add to pan.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients; bring to the boil, and simmer til potato is soft (about 20 minutes.).
- Can be served 'as is' or about a 3rd taken out and liquidised, and then returned to the pan.
- Special Notes.
- Sausage could be substituted with a ready cooked low fat alternative. Also made vegetarian by leaving out the bacon.