Miso Shiitake Breakfast Soup
This is a wonderful light and filling soup. It's a great way to start the day. This is very healthy. Miso is a soy protein and shiitake is a type of mushroom. You should be able to find these in most health stores, or Asian grocers.
- Ready In:
- 3 fresh shiitake mushrooms or 3 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 5 cups boiling water
- 3 tablespoons light miso
- 4 ounces tofu, cut into large dices
- 1 scallion, the green part only, sliced
- If using dried mushrooms, soak in warm water for 20 minutes then drain.
- Slice the mushrooms thinly.
- Pour the boiling water into a saucepan, stir in the miso. Add the mushrooms and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Divide the tofu between 4 warmed soup bowls. Ladle in the broth. Scatter chopped scallions on top and serve.
- Try this with my Chanterelle Croissants (recipe #21676).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Great miso recipe. Looksvery quickand convienient However not only is miso a soy protein, it's an awesome probiotic. And it should NEVER be boiled, instead brought just an boil. Doing so kills any nutrients. And an authentic recipe calls for a dashi broth, which you will never eat another mans miso again after being made that way.Reply