Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
If it's Idaho potatoes and Turkey in the recipe, you know it has to be All-American!!
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cups idaho hash brown potatoes, frozen (not the shredded kind) or 4 medium idaho potatoes, cooked, peeled, and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 lb cooked turkey, dice
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed, drained
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chili peppers, drained or 1 tablespoon fresh green chile, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- lettuce, leave for serving
- In a large skillet, over low heat, heat the oil and sauté the onion until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes. Sprinkle with the thyme and oregano, partially cover, and cook for 15-20 minutes over medium heat, turning often, until potatoes are lightly browned.
- Add the turkey and peas, tomatoes, chilies, vinegar, salt and pepper and cook for 3 minutes more or until heated through and the peas are cooked. Serve warm or cold on lettuce leaves.