Recipe by Ali-Cat Roberts
I'm one of those people who doesn't like sweet relish or sweet mayonnaise. This recipe has been passed down from my grandmother to my mother, and now to me. It has been a favorite since I can remember. No matter how many eggs we make (we've even made 3 dozen for 10 people), there's never any left! Hope you like it!
Top Review by Becky Beth
Thank You, Thank You! for this recipe! I thought I was the only one who didn't like sweet relish. When I was a teen (about 30 years ago), my favorite deviled eggs had a pickle taste. I wasn't sure what I had had until I found this recipe. I didn't put any salt in when I made these and less mayo and used yellow mustard because that is what I like.
- 1 dozen large hard-boiled egg
- 1 cup kraft real mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard (spicy mustard is also great)
- 3 tablespoons dill pickled relish
- 1 teaspoon salt (More or less to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil eggs for approximately 20 minutes
- Once eggs are hard, drain water and allow eggs to cool.
- You may also let them sit in cold water for 15 minutes.
- Peel eggs then cut them long wise.
- Set hardened egg whites to the side.
- Put egg yolks in a small to medium size mixing bowl.
- Mash yolks with a fork.
- Add mayonnaise, mustard, relish, and salt.
- Stir until all ingredients are blended and a thick, creamy texture is achieved.
- Take a small spoon (one that you eat with) and spoon a small mound of yolk mix into the hardened egg whites.
- Once all of the yolk has been used, sprinkle paprika over the top of all eggs.
- There you have it! Dill Pickled Deviled Eggs!