There is an Italian restaurant that my husband and I just happened upon. It's the real deal, owned and operated by an Italian family. My husband loved their Fettuccine Alfredo, the sauce was so thick you could eat it with a fork. The restaurant is a good ways from home and he had a craving for it, so I looked for a recipe that might work, I found several different ones and kind worked from each one til I found the right combination. It was just what he was looking for so he had me write it down so I wouldn't forget the next time I tried to fix it. I'm bad about that, coming up with a new recipe and not being able to remember it the next time. Thought I might share it. Thick and creamy!
- Melt butter in sauce pan.
- Add cream cheese and whisk as you add half-and-half.
- Whisk until smooth adding cheese, garlic powder and pepper.
- Simmer until heated through.
- Pour over any pasta you choose, we even liked it on cheese tortellini.
- Serve with a nice green salad, garlic bread, and a nice glass of wine.
- Very filling!
- Thanks so much for all the reviews! This is a recipe that is basic, as you can see from all the suggestions! I hope that everyone continues to enjoy it, review it, and add your suggestions! Thanks again! GRITS.