Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Pampered Chef Recipe. Very good with any pasta. May add chicken or shrimp and make a meal!
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, may use margarine
- 2 cups fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- 16 ounces pasta, cooked according to package directions
- fresh parsley, snipped, divided
- Combine milk and cream in 1 1/2 quart saucepan. Heat until warm, but do not boil.
- Melt butter in small saucepan. Whisk flour into butter until smooth. Add heated milk and cream, all at once, to flour mixture and continue to whisk until mixture comes to a boil. Simmer over low heat 5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and whisk in parmesan cheese, salt and white pepper. Toss with hot pasta; sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.
Love this! i didnt havel heavy cream so i used 3 cups half and half instead of the cream and milk. i also put in chives instead of parsley and added motz cheese instead. i used this for my chicken alfredo pizza! added mushrooms, broccolli and asparagus! delicous!!
This sauce is so easy to do. I heated the milk and cream and added the mixture of butter and flour to the milk mixture and stirred well. The taste is really good. I used it in recipe#447988 Thanks wwltmom :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game
Very thick and delicious! Perfect for my chicken alfredo!