Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an easy and fast dinner that has lots of flavor! I like to use about 1 cup frozen corn kernels, cooked and 1 cup ripe tomatoes, chopped, which I sprinkle on top along with the fresh parsley, if using. If I use the three cups I use whatever else I have on hand. This makes a very attractive dish to serve. Please note the prep time is for the sauce. It would vary depending on the veggies you were using.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (not the kind in the can)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 -3 cups chopped vegetables
- 9 ounces fettuccine
- parsley, use fresh to taste or 1 teaspoon dried parsley, about
- Cook cream cheese, parmesan cheese, butter and milk over medium-low heat, until melted and well blended, stirring occasionally.
- If you are using raw veggies cook in the microwave while sauce is cooking.
- Boil pasta while sauce is cooking.
- Drain pasta and vegetables.
- Toss pasta and vegetables lightly with the sauce.
- If using dried parsley toss with the pasta and sauce.
- If using fresh parsley sprinkle over the top after it is all tossed.
This recipe was great so easy, I didn't change a thing and I used some fresh spinach in it and also opted for the fresh parsley. It is full of flavour & creamy can't ask for more.
Cut the recipe in half and used fresh fettuccine, some slivered onions, garlic (minced), fresh mushroooms, and steamed broccoli. Very rich and quite simple. Topped with some slivered green onions (was out of fresh parsley). Made for Zaar Cookbook Tag.
This was WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!! My VERY picky hubby even said it was "fancy restaurant quality"!!! I used fresh fettuccine, fresh steamed broccoli and 1 small can of mushrooms. PURE HEAVEN!!!! TY so very much!!! :)