Recipe by Kym in Ohio
These are the best bran muffin I have ever tasted. I got this recipe from The Lazy Gourmet cookbook.
Top Review by Chef Doozer
This is the exact recipe we use! I love them. In place of the one cup of oil though, we use 3/4 cup applesauce and 1/4 cup oil. These are great--and the fact that the batter lasts so long is a great benefit! Update hint: You can use whole wheat flour in place of some of the white flour (I used 3 cups whole wheat flour). They're quite good!
- 1 (20 ounce) box Raisin Bran cereal
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 cups flour
- 5 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup oil
- 1 quart buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a very large bowl mix raisin bran, sugar, flour,soda, and salt.
- Add eggs, buttermilk, and oil.
- This batter will keep 6 weeks in your refrigerator.
- Bake as you need them.
- I bake them all and freeze them and when I want one I place in the microwave for about 3 minutes taste like you pulled out of the oven.
- As you're ready to use fill muffin tins 2/3 full and bake at 400°F for 15-20 minutes depending on tin size.