Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Brown rice, creamy black beans and corn create a wonderful texture in this colorful, crowd pleasing salad. A vinaigrette dressing with grated onion and jalapeno adds richness. Easily doubles or triples to accomodate a crowd.
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice
- 1 cup canned black beans
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can corn, drained
- 2 tablespoons grated peeled onions
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- In a medium bowl combine the rice, beans, corn and onion.
- In a bowl whisk together vinegar, oil, cilantro, jalapeño, chili powder and salt.
- Toss with the rice mixture; chill.
- Stir before serving.
Good salad that goes well with fish or chicken. Nice change from a hot side for a summer meal. Thanks for sharing!