Recipe by tigerduck
A delicious Italian classic often also made with peaches, but I prefer it with apricots. The apricots are filled with amaretti cookies, amaretto, sugar and egg yolk and baked in the oven with white wine. They can be served warm or at room temperature and are delicious paired with vanilla ice cream or white chocolate mousse. However, I also love them on their own. They were a big hit at a party I catered for. However, at the party I had far too much filling for the apricots. Maybe I've made a mistake when multiplying the recipe. I will try it out again and make changes to the recipe if necessary.
Top Review by lauralie41
Apricots, Amaretto, and amaretti cookies...what is not to love! A easy to make dessert that looks and tastes incredible. I did leave some bigger pieces of cookie and was a bit loose on my measuring when marinated aprictos with Amaretto. Thank you tigerduck!
- 6 -8 apricots (but have some extra ones ready)
- 80 g amaretti cookies (2 7/8 ounces)
- 80 g sugar (2 7/8 ounces)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄4 cup Amaretto
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- butter, for greasing
- 12 blanched almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Please note: I will have to check the amount of filling and the amount of apricots again, which I will do soon. If you decide to make it, please have some extra apricots ready.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (355°F).
- Put amaretti cookies into a small bowl and pour the amaretto over it.
- Wash apricots and cut them in halves. Discard the stone.
- Using a spoon, take out some of the fruit flesh without hurting the skin. Roughly chop the fruit flesh.
- Add sugar, egg yolk and chopped apricot flesh to the amaretti cookies and mix. While mixing, crush the cookies with a spoon. Do not mix for too long; it's nice to have some cookie chunks.
- Fill the apricots with the mixture, ca 1 tablespoon per half.
- Put into a well buttered oven-proof baking dish.
- Pour white wine over apricots.
- Bake for ca 25 minutes or until done.