Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
We love this preparation. Great for a tiffin. I decided to post all egg recipes today.
- 6 -8 eggs
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons ghee or 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 spring onions or 2 small white onions, finely chopped
- 2 -3 fresh red chilies or 2 -3 green chilies, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 ripe tomatoes, peeled and diced,optional
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- chopped tomato
- 1 sprig fresh cilantro or 1 sprig coriander leaves
- Beat eggs until well mixed.
- Add the milk, salt and pepper.
- Heat ghee or butter in a large, heavy frying pan and cook the onions, chilies and ginger until soft.
- Add turmeric, coriander leaves and tomato, if used, and fry for a minute or two longer, then stir in the egg mixture and the ground cumin.
- Cook over low heat, stirring and lifting the eggs as they begin to set on the base of the pan.
- Mix and cook until the eggs are of a creamy consistency-they should not be cooked until dry.
- Turn on to a serving plate and garnish with tomato and coriander.
- Serve with chapatis, parathas or toasted bread.
- I Squeeze some lime too and scramble it some more until it resembles crumbs for a filling for a chappati or to be had with a loaf of fresh soft/hard bread.
Oh my goodness but these are such good eggs! Completely different, delicious burst of flavors & bright colors. I scaled this down to just one serving for a quick and incredible breakfast - super flavor, easy to fix,& will be a new standard in my house. I stuffed mine into a pita bread pocket.
Delicious. Did not change a thing.
Reminds me of what my Granny used to make. Thanks so much!