Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a hot, spicy salsa typically served with empanadas and other foods as a condiment. It has more liquid than, say, a Mexican salsa. Prep time does not include 1 hour "marinating" time.
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 14.79 ml white vinegar
- 14.79 ml water
- 59.14 ml green onion, finely minced (white and light green part only)
- 28.39 ml fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely minced (more or less to taste)
- 4.92 ml tomatoes, finely minced
- Combine all ingredients, cover, and let sit in refrigerator for at least an hour so all the flavors develop before serving.
Aji is my favorite sauce, it is amazing.
I dont know what the diva her self is talking about? we have lemons in colombia, we just prefer limes.
Aj? varies from place to place, but it is almost always made with lime, not lemon. Lemons are not easy to come by in Colombia. I substituted lime juice and added a jalepe?o, just because I like it spicy.