Prep 55 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a recipe made in the Bosch. The cookbook is titled "Healthy Recipes From the Heart of Our Home" by Phyllis Stanley. I'm not sure how these would work if not using a Bosch, as the Bosch does all the kneading for you. But you're willing to try and convert! The preparation includes rising time.
- Mix the first 7 ingredients on speed 1 until moistened.
- Cover and let rise until it reaches the top of the bowl.
- Add 1 T salt.
- Add enough flour until the dough pulls away from the side of the bowl. I usually add about 2 more cups.
- Knead on speed 1 for 5 minutes.
- Form large balls - 6-9 per cookie sheet. Use parchment paper. Let rise 45 minutes.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 400° until golden brown.
- Brush with butter while still hot. Use for hamburgers, sloppy joes, anything you would use a bun for. Or eat it with butter!
I cut this in half and used my Kitchenaid stand mixer. I didn't need any hamburger buns, so since the recipe suggested serving them as rolls also, I used my 9-mini-loaf pan to make loaves. Sometimes cutting a bread recipe in half can cause problems, but this one worked beautifully. I skipped the melted butter also and they were still yummy. Thanks!