Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Whisk egg and then add lemon juice and mustard.
- Set aside.
- Combine oil and slowly whisk into egg mixture.
- Mash garlic and also whisk in.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
In a review of other aioli recipes, I find that all of them use a lot of olive oil, so perhaps it is the olive oil itself that I find distasteful. So I shall retry this recipe with just canola oil, and I have updated my review to 3 stars because I do like garlic and I think without the olive oil, I will like this.