Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
Need ways to use up leftover turkey? That is what I like to do. The cubed poultry, tender vegetable and herbs encased in a flaky crust is a favorite at our house.
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups cubed coked turkey
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans, cooked and drained
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- In a skillet, saute carrots, onion, celery, thyme and pepper in butter until vegetables are crisp-tender. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine turkey and flour; shake to coat. Add turkey mixture. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry. Brush with milk. Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 350°F for 55-65 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.