Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 mins
I have no idea why this is called "African" salad - thats how it was introduced to me. Please meet: a great idea for a new dish
- Carefully wash the mushrooms and slice in half.
- Put into pot with the lemon juice, garlic and salt.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for about 2 minutes.
- Shake the pot occasionally.
- Take of the heat.
- Drain and put into salad bowl.
- Rinse and drain the palm hearts.
- Slice in half and add to the mushrooms in the bowl.
- Rinse and drain the artichoke hearts, slice in half and add to the bowl, too.
- Blend together the ingredients of the dressing and pour over the salad.
- Mix gently, refrigerate 10 minutes and then serve.
Exceedingly simple and delicious salad. It took me 5 seconds to print out the recipe, 5 minutes to hit the corner grocery for mushrooms, palm hearts and artichoke hearts, and 5 minutes to put the whole thing together. I used balsamic vinegar because I'm not a fan of wine vinegar (and am a huge fan of balsamic). I also added just a touch of lemon zest (as long as I'm juicing the lemon I might as well zest it). This salad is superbly low carb, great for Somersizers and Atkins dieters. Kol hakavod Lea, this is going into my make-at-least-once-a-week file.
I am following Mirj's lead here. This is good, but I to have to admit to using the balsamic (preference). I like the convience and quick preparation of this recipe.
Great! Simple! I added chopped pimentos also. The next time I make I'll add green and red or yellow diced peppers. I cut the dressing in half. I am a great fan of artichoke hearts. Thanks for the recipe!Oh, it is scrumptous!