Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
From the Raley's magazine Something Extra, This is posted for the zaar world tour.The time listed does not include 1 hr. refrigeration time. Approved for ZWT 6 NA*ME
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups couscous
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 2 large oranges, peeled and chopped (plus any juice)
Tangy Orange Dressing
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- To toast slivered almonds, cook on a baking sheet at 375°F for 5 to 10 minutes, checking and stirring frequently. Or, cook in a small skillet over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently until golden brown.
- Bring broth to a boil in a large saucepan. Stir in couscous, butter and cinnamon; cover and remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork and let cool.
- Place remaining salad ingredients in a bowl; drizzle with dressing and toss well to coat.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Tangy Orange Dressing: In a medium bowl, whisk together orange juice, extra virgin olive oil, white wine vinegar, honey, salt and pepper.
Excellent. I already had cooked couscous on hand as I'd made Recipe #421073, so I just added the cinnamon and proceeded from there. All the proportions were spot-on for my taste and the dressing was very nice if a little too liquidy. I think next time I'll go with just the orange juice and olive oil and leave the wine out altogether as it just made everything sort of soupy. Served with Recipe #428771.
This was a great salad, with nice flavors. Loved the touch of cinnamon in it.
I made this tonight to go with some chicken wings with fruity flair to them. This went great. The kids loved it. I think I prefer the couscous salad with the corn, black beans, and onions myself but the kids would not eat that one. Made for ZWT 07