- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 large bananas, peeled and mashed (very ripe)
- 1 cup salted peanuts, coarsely chopped (divided)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Cream softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in eggs.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with mashed bananas just until combined; stir in ½ cup chopped peanuts.
- Scrape batter into well-greased 9" x 5" loaf pan; sprinkle top evenly with remaining chopped peanuts. Bake in 180C oven 60 to 65 minutes or until skewer inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes; turn out of pan and cool completely.
- Wrap in plastic wrap or foil. Cake is best if served next day.