1/1 Photo of Adobo Chips With Warm Goat Cheese and Cilantro Salsa
A great appetizer for Cinco de Mayo! This has gotten many compliments! Adapted from Cooking Light magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo (or to taste-I only use 1)
- 473.18 ml chopped fresh cilantro (1 bunch)
- 236.59 ml finely chopped tomatillo (about 4 medium)
- 59.14 ml minced red onion
- 59.14 ml fresh lime juice (may sub lemon)
- 12.32 ml fresh lime juice
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml adobo sauce
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 1.23 ml cumin
- 8 (48 inch) white corn tortillas
- 118.29 ml block-style low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 59.14 ml goat cheese
- 1To prepare salsa:.
- 2Finely chop the chipotle peppers to measure 2 teaspoons. Remove 1 teaspoon adobo sauce from can, and set aside. Combine chiles, cilantro, tomatillos, onion, and 1/4 cup lime juice in a medium bowl; cover and chill for 1 hour.
- 3Preheat oven to 375°.
- 4To prepare chips:.
- 5Combine 2 1/2 teaspoons lime juice, olive oil, adobo sauce, paprika, and cumin in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Brush 1 tortilla with about 1/4 teaspoon juice mixture, spreading to edge. Top with another tortilla; repeat procedure with lime juice mixture. Repeat procedure 6 more times (you will have 1 stack of 8 tortillas). Using a sharp knife, cut tortilla stack into 6 wedges. Place wedges in a single layer on baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes; turn over wedges. Bake an additional 10 minutes.
- 6Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- 7To prepare cheese:.
- 8Combine cream cheese and goat cheese in a small bowl; stir until blended. Spread cheese mix into a shallow 6-ounce ramekin or baking dish; cover with foil. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or just until warm. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Adobo Chips With Warm Goat Cheese and Cilantro Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 53.0
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 10.7 mg
- Sodium 59.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo
white corn tortillas