Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 hrs
From the cookbook "Fix it and Forget It Lightly". The cookbook said it took 6 hours on low, but my carrots and celery were still quite raw after six hours. This makes a HUGE amount of soup -- my largest crockpot was filled to the brim.
- 2 quarts stewed tomatoes
- 3 (16 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 5 large carrots, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- Combine everything but mixed vegetables in the slow cooker.
- Cover & cook 8-10 hours on low.
- Add mixed vegetables.
- Cover & cook an additional hour on low.