1/2 Photos of Addicting Wild Rice & Asparagus Salad
Chef amfox's Note:
This is the PERFECT recipe that's easy, different, and will have people absolutely raving!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (5 ounce) packages long grain and wild rice blend (Mahatmas brand)
- 1 onion, chopped (yellow works best)
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced (more or less to your liking)
- 3 cups asparagus, chopped in 1 . 5 in pieces (about 1 cluster total)
- 14 ounces chopped portabella mushrooms
- 1 (8 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- garlic salt (a few dashes to your liking)
- 1/2-1 cup pine nuts or 1/2-1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup craisins
- 11. Cook rice according to directions. About 2 minutes BEFORE rice is finished, add craisins and simmer until rice is cooked.
- 22. In a frying pan, add 1 can of broth, garlic, and onion. Simmer for about 2-3 minutes and then add the asparagus until cooked to your liking. Add mushrooms and cook for about 5 more minutes, more or less.
- 33. Drain any remaining broth and mix the onion mix with the rice and craisins.
- 44. Add vinegar & olive oil, mix well. Then add garlic salt and mix.
- 54. If using nuts, place then under a the broiler for a minute or two (watch them carefully so not to burn!) and then add them to the salad.
- 65. This dish can be served hot and is also quite tasty cold for a quick leftover dish!
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Addicting Wild Rice & Asparagus Salad
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.5
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 218.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 25.0 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
long grain and wild rice blend