Asparagus and Wild Rice Soup
photo by Nancy M.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup long grain and wild rice blend, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 lb asparagus, cut lengthwise into 1/2 inch slices (or bunch)
- 4 cups chicken broth or 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can 2% evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup chopped parsley (optional)
- Prepare rice according to package directions, set aside.
- Heat oil in large saucepan on medium-high.
- Add onion, garlic and asparagus, cook 3-5 minutes and stir occassionly.
- Add rice, broth, salt and pepper; bring to boil.
- Mix evaporated milk with constarch in small bowl until smooth.
- Add to saucepan.
- Cook 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until thickened.
- Stir in parsley.
- For vegetarians use the vegetable stock.
see 9 more reviews