Recipe by Bergy
I am giving you a choice of three toppings they are all good.There are two different toppings in the picture Bacon Maple syrup and Browned Butter Sage. I just finished enjoying a butternut squash with GINGER marmalade &Chili flakes. 3 Tbsp Ginger marmalade, 1/2 tsp chili flakes, mix together and spoon into squash cavity - I really liked this one
Top Review by LindaInNH
I prepared this using butternut squash. I did the browned butter, honey and sage variation with great results. It was so good with our dinner. This will be enjoyed by us many times. Thanks!
- 1 acorn squash, cut in half lenthwise and seeded
Browned Butter Honey and Sage
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
Maple Bacon Topping
- 2 slices bacon, crisp fried, drained and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
Marmalade and Jalapeno
- 1 jalapeno, cleaned, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to350°F.
- Place prepared squash cut side down on a baking sheet, bake for 45-50 minutes or until tender.
- Turn over and sprinkle with one of these toppings.
- -BROWNED BUTTER:.
- Melt the butter on med-low heat, swirling it until browned- do not let it burn.
- Add honey& sage, mix.
- Drizzle over the cooked squash& serve.
- MAPLE BACON TOPPING:.
- Paint the inside of the squash with the maple syrup, sprinkle in the crumbled bacon& serve.
- MARMALADE& JALAPENO;.
- Combine the Jalapeno& marmalade in a small saucepan, heat until the marmalade has melted.
- Pour into the squash cavity& serve.