Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
An attempt to copy Rock Ola Grille's fabulous chicken quesadillas! After having many quesadillas in several restaurants this is absolutely the best! The flavor just can't be beat. Melt in your mouth! Easy!
- 2 flour tortillas (8-inch)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, diced small
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup fresh tomato, diced small
- 2 tablespoons red onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- picante sauce
- sour cream
- Butter one side of each tortilla. Place one tortilla (buttered side down) into a nonstick skillet.
- Evenly sprinkle chicken, bacon, tomatoes, onion. Drizzle bar-b-que sauce over all. Sprinkle cheese over and top with remaining tortilla (buttered side up).
- On medium heat, cook approximately 3 minutes, watching underside of tortilla for browning. Press with spatula while cooking. Carefully flip entire tortilla over using spatula. Cook approximately 3 minutes until light brown and cheese is melted.
- Remove to a plate and cut into 6 triangle pieces. Serve with picante sauce and sour cream.
Just a tip, great recipe, but do not ever flip, after browning the one side in skillet, place Quesadillia on a cookie sheet and put under broiler to brown the top! Yummy
really lovely recipe. I was cooking for a friend that was working late, so I made up the mix and when she came I rolled it like a burrito. (mind you, Mexican food is scarce here in Oz) I didnt have barbeque sauce, so I just used a bit of tomato sauce, (ketchup) and they reported this afternoon that the meal was excellent! I actually did mine like a Quesadilla, and I found it hard to toss too :) but taste wise it was great. I did tomato sauce and chilli sauce on mine. THEN, (not over yet) I had a little leftover mix, so I made myself a wrap for lunch. this really has to be one of the most versatile recipes in my cookbook! (still not finished) I did peel the tomato, and used some green spring onion tops, as I only had one red onion, and was cooking for a crowd. made for the Aussie swap, may 2010
These are wonderful a different take on the more traditional Quesadillas I make, but yummo. My son immediately said 5 stars mum these are great. I made with larger tortillas than listed just preference as always end up stuffing my Quesadillas with to much filling and thought it would just fall out of a small one. I love the chicken, BBQ sauce combo it is just perfect. This super quick and easy to make and we will enjoy this one often. Big thumbs up by all the family Seasoned Cook