Recipe by Mommy2two
This recipe uses round steak which is economical but a bit tough. The long cooking time in the Crock Pot helps to soften the meat up until it is fork tender. If you wanted you could add carrots and onions, but I just did potatoes with this one. I found the idea for this recipe on a Crock Pot blog, but I didn't have all the right ingredients, so I changed it up for what I did have. This is really good, and so simple to prepare, you can have Sunday dinner in the middle of the week!
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce (A-1)
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 4 -6 medium potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs round steaks, trimmed and cut in 4-5 pieces
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Put scrubbed and quartered potatoes in Crock Pot.
- Mix mustard and A-1 Sauce.
- Paint meat with A-1 Sauce mixture.
- At this point you could put the whole thing in the fridge overnight and put it on to cook in the morning.
- When ready to cook, pour the beef broth over the top of the meat.
- Cook on low 6-8 hours, or high for 4-6. If you start with frozen meat, it will probably take the longer amount of time. I forgot to turn mine on until late, so I cooked it on high 2 hours, and then turned it back to low for another 3 hours and it was perfect.