Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I was fumbling in the fridge and asked DH what he liked better A-1 or Heinz 57. He said A-1 so that is what I did, the seasonings are guesstimated, adjust to your tastes.
- 4 chicken leg quarters (can use pork chops also)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 1⁄4 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- Season the leg quarters with the pepper, garlic powder and italian seasoning to your taste.
- Place in Casserole dish and ALMOST cover with beer.
- Spread the A-1 sauce on top of the Chicken.
- Bake at 375 for 45 minutes then take dish from oven and drain the juices. Leave enough juice in bottom of casserole dish to cover the bottom about 1/2 inch.
- Turn chicken over and spread more A-1 on top of quarters.
- Bake an additional 20-30 minutes at 400.
Made this today with 4 small pieces of chicken breast, because that was all I had in the freezer. I followed the recipe exactly, and baked 20 minutes on each side. We added more A1 sauce when serving, and the taste was pretty good. Thanks for this easy recipe.
This was good and easy to make. I made this for Freezer Tag 2008. For OAMC I placed all the ingredients in a freezer bag and froze. The night before I was going to make it, I thawed in the fridge overnight. When I got home from work, I put in a pan and cooked on the grill. I followed the directions for cooking, coating with more A-1 sauce at the end. This was tasty but with freezing, I thought the beer really drew through the chicken. I used Budweiser and not sure if that is why, so I will make this again just not sure if I would freeze it or not.
Served with a big salad me and hubby LOVED how simple and delicious this was....its the beer that does it. We used a light beer, he made it while I was gardening and it was one of those full- proof really can't go wrong things. I can't wait to try it with pork chops! The pic im posting does not look too magical, but thats my fault, its a lazy day!