1/1 Photo of A-1 Black Cherry Brie & Chocolate Walnut Tartlet #A1
Chef #1802984028's Note:
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. Puff pastry shells filled with French Brie, layered with an A-1 infused black cherry sauce and topped with dark chocolate covered roasted walnuts. A seasonal, savory delight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb fresh sweet black cherries, pitted and chopped or 2 (16 ounce) cans pitted sweet black cherries in syrup, drained with syrup reserved
- 1/3 cup of finely granulated bakers sugar (1/2 cup if substituting sour canned cherries)
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon A.1. Original Sauce (1 1/2 if using canned)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 8 ounces french double cream brie cheese, at room temperature
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen prepared puff pastry shells, 6 prepared according to package directions
- 6 oranges, peels thinly sliced for garnish
- 3 ounces cherries, halved for garnish
- 1Bake puff pastry shells in the oven according to packaging instructions.
- 2While pastry is baking, prepare the savory cherry mixture.
- 3Add the chopped cherries to a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- 4Heat the cherries until they are hot. Fresh cherries will begin to emit juices. You may want to add 2 tablespoons of the reserved cherry syrup to the pot if using canned.
- 5Using a tablespoon at a time, whisk all the sugar into the cherries, stirring constantly.
- 6Add the orange zest, continue whisking.
- 7Add the A-1 Steak Sauce 1 teaspoon at a time, continue whisking.
- 8When the mixture is aromatic and you can clearly detect the A-1 sauce in the mixture, add the corn starch one tablespoon at a time. Whisk constantly until fully blended and the cherry sauce begins to thicken.
- 9Remove from heat to cool.
- 10Prepare a bain marie to melt the chocolate. Use a glass or aluminum bowl that sits snugly on top of a large sauce pan and boil the water on high heat. When the water is hot, add the chocolate.
- 11At this point, your puff pastry shells should be almost done, check to avoid burning. If they are done, remove from the oven and lower the oven temperature to 250 degrees. Set the shells aside.
- 12In a small frying pan, add the chopped walnuts and toast until the walnuts are aromatic.
- 13When the chocolate has melted in the bain marie, fold the walnuts into the chocolate and stir. It will be clumpy in appearance. Leave it on the bain marie until plating.
- 14Take one tablespoon of room temperature French Brie and spoon into the pastry shells. Use your fingers to move all the cheese into the bottom of the puff pastry shell.
- 15Return the shells with the Brie into the oven for 1-2 minutes until molten. Remove from oven.
- 16Spoon the cherry mixture on top of the Brie in each shell and then add 1/2 teaspoon of the chocolate walnuts on top. Use your fingers to evenly distribute the walnuts across the cherry sauce.
- 17Plate each dish with some reserved cherry sauce, a few cherries on the side, half a cherry on top of each tartlet and the orange peel garnish on the side. Serve hot so that the cheese and cherries are oozing out of the tartlet when cut.
- 18Serve with a delicious Portuguese port for dessert or a French rose as an appetizer! Bon Appetit!
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for A-1 Black Cherry Brie & Chocolate Walnut Tartlet #A1
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 541.6
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 119.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 38.5 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
A.1. Original Sauce
double cream brie cheese