Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
I love the heat associated with chili and when I think chili, I think an immense amount of heat, equally balanced with flavor. This can all be done in a Crock Pot, which is my actual recommendation, but you need to par cook or sear the meats before placing them into the Crock Pot. You'll need a large Crock Pot for this chili, which contains beef chuck, ground beef, hot Italian sausage and bacon, plus canned beans and plenty of hotness from chiles.
- 2 large yellow onions, diced
- 6 jalapeno peppers, finely diced
- 7 habanero peppers, finely diced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (12 ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo (finely minced and include all of the adobo as well)
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1⁄2 lb bacon (chopped into strips and par pan fried)
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage (taken out of casing and made into bite size pieces and par cooked)
- 2 lbs beef chuck (cut into bite size pieces and par cooked)
- 1 lb ground beef, par cooked
- 1 tablespoon hot Hungarian paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chili powder
- 1 head garlic, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons Mexican oregano, crushed
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle mole
- Par cook and/or sear the meats.
- In a 6-Qt. Crock Pot layer as follows: onions, garlic, jalapenos, habaneros, kidney beans, black beans, chipotle peppers, crushed tomatoes, ground beef, chopped bacon, hot Italian sausage & beef chuck.
- In a blender, combine the beef broth with the mole sauce and pour the mixture over top.
- Mix together all the spices and set aside.
- Cook everything but the spices in the Crock Pot at low setting for 8 hours.
- Five hours into cooking add the spices and cover with juices from the mixture.
- When done cooking, carefully mix together in the Crock Pot, or transfer contents to a 7.5-qt stock pot and mix everything together.
- Serve and enjoy.
this was supposed to be five stars