3 Alarm Chili
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 lb lean ground turkey breast
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1⁄2 of a yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 whole jalapeno (slightly seeded and minced)
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons red pepper paste
- 2 whole Dried bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chili
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, for sauteing
- Brown The meat in a large skillet ( drain if desired- The fat gives it a better flavor).
- Once cooked through, add the onions, tomatoes, garlic, and a tablespoon of canola oil.
- Saute Until the Onions are slightly browned or colored by the tomatoes.
- Add the seasonings ( EXCEPT the bay leaves).
- Cook two minutes ensuring that everything is coated by the seasonings.
- In a large sauce or soup pot, pour the can of chicken broth inches.
- carefully remove the Browned meat mixture and gently pour into the canned broth.
- Set On Medium- High heat.
- Stir in the Jalepeno and Bay leaves and the two Tablespoons of Red Pepper Paste.
- Cover and let boil five to ten minutes.
- Turn down heat and cook for about 30 minutes ( depending on your stove, cooking times may vary).
- Side Note: While cooking taste the chili and add more seasonings if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!