Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This chutney goes well for finger licking too...!
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves
- 1 medium onion
- 2 pinches salt
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 fresh green chili
- 1 tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Put all the above in the blender and blend till smooth.
- Use on sandwiches, as a dip, with your favourite kebabs, scones!
Excellent chutney, Mini! Despite patanjali's comments, I made this WITH the sugar, and I'm glad I did! This chutney has a wonderful tangy, yet subtly sweet taste that's just perfect for fresh, soft bread! My mom went absolutely nuts over this chutney too :-) One note: This makes less than 2 cups of chutney. Probably 1 to 1 1/2 cup actually.
After tasting this, I can tell you that the sugar is completely unnecessary in this recipe. Yuck.