Mango Mint Chutney
A sweet, spiced sauce to compliment any savory dish.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 pinch red chili pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped ginger
- 2 lbs ripe mangoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons yellow curry powder (Madras)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 cup water
- zest of half a lemon
- 1⁄3 cup mint, chopped
- To make the chutney, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Add onions and cook until golden and caramelized, about 8-10 minutes. Stir in chili flakes, ginger, mango, curry powder, honey, white wine vinegar and water.
- Bring mixture to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook until liquid has reduced by half and chutney has thickened, about 25-30 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lemon zest and mint. Allow to cool to room temperature, then transfer to a jar and seal it tightly before refrigerating.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION