Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
From ww magazine.
Make and share this 4 Points - White Pizza recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 vidalia onions (about 1 cup) or 1⁄2 other sweet onion, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped spinach or 1⁄2 cup arugula leaf
- 1⁄4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 (8 inch) prebaked pizza crusts (such as boboli)
- Spray grill rack with nonstick spray and prepare grill for medium-hot fire.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, sugar, and 1/4 tsp of the salt.
- Cook, stirring until onion is a rich golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Stir together the spinach or arugula, ricotta, 2 tbsp of the parmesan, the basil, and the remaining 1/4 tsp salt in a small bowl.
- Place the crust on a pizza paddle or rimless baking sheet and spread the spinach mixture over it to cover entirely.
- Top with the onion and sprinkle with the remaining 2 tbsp paremesan.
- Using the paddle or baking sheet, slide the pizza on the grill, away from the heat source.
- Cover and cook, rotating the pizza a half turn every 5 minutes, until the pizza is hot and the cheese is fully melted, about 8 minutes.
- 4 Points per serving (1/4 pizza).
VERY YUMMY INDEED! True! Used wholemeal tortilla as pizza base too! Used roasted capsicum as had on hand today! GREAT sub for a tomato pasted pizza is what I can say! Used 2 tortillas, split spinach and low fat ricotta cheese! This recipe to me DID please! Split onions between two and parm cheese as well, When will I make again? Time will tell! No need for salt, used Splenda for sugar, this was GREAT! Finding this nutritious, delicious recipe must have been my fate! Thanks!
I made this last night using a full sized whole wheat Boboli pizza crust and doubling the quantities of the toppings. I used fresh basil and a bit of fresh tarragon too. I also used more arugula then the recipe called for. Exact measurements aren't really important. It makes an easy and delicious supper.
great recipe.... can vary it also. you can sub spinach with thawed frozen chopped broccoli and also for an optional appetizer idea...instead of pizza crust you can spread 1 tsp. of mixture onto each of 48 crackers (triscuits) and bake 5 minutes at 350 degrees until hot and bubbly-serve warm.