Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Super-easy, super-healthy, and everyone loves it! I believe this was credited to Taste of Home magazine.
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (or pre-cooked and shredded.) or 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs (or pre-cooked and shredded.)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- Dump the corn and beans into a crock pot.
- Put the chicken over that, and pour the salsa over the top.
- Cook on low 8-10 hours.
- Shred the chicken with a fork and mix well before serving.
- We like to roll this up in tortillas, but it is also good over rice or filling sandwiches. You can serve this with sour cream, shredded cheese, etc, but it really isn't necessary.
Great simple recipe! I served it in a tortilla with some cheese and sour cream and it was great. I left my chicken breasts whole (so they were portioned out easier) and I did drain the sauce before putting it in the tortilla. This will become a staple in our house. Thanks!
I have made this several times now and just love it! It is easy to prepare, healthful and delicious. I have a fairly new crock pot and it cooks hotter than my old one, so I decreased the time to about 5-6 hours. Based on another review I also decreased the salsa a little. This is a great way to prepare chicken. Thanks for posting amicietta.
This was a great, simple, healthy recipe! We really enjoyed it, and it just couldn't have been easier. Very tasty.