Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made these one time to go with soup that we were having for dinner. I made the dough balls too big and/or let them rise too much and they ended up being huge, but they were good and they were easy to make.
- 1 cup very warm water
- 2 tablespoons very warm water
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 -4 cups flour
- Mix warm water, oil, sugar and yeast; let rest for 10 minutes until yeast activates.
- Add salt and beaten egg; blend well.
- Add flour, one cup at a time until soft dough if formed.
- Knead on a floured surface 5-10 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic.
- Shape into small balls (walnut sized) and put into a greased baking pan.
- Let rise at least 5-10 minutes.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- *If you have more time, you can let the rolls rise in the pan until they have doubled in size.
ALSO makes a great Pizza Dough!!!!!
Wow, these are some great rolls! Who knew that such delicious rolls could be so quick to prepare.I think this is going to be my only recipe for sweet rolls from now on.I absolutely loved how quick and easy it is to prepare!I followed the recipe exactly except that I used instant yeast instead of active dry yeast to cut time even shorter .Also,after kneading the dough I accidentally left the dough to rise without shaping it into rolls.Later on (after about 10 min.) ,when I realized that I messed up the instructions ,I punched the dough down and shaped it into rolls.I then let them rise for another 10 min .The rolls baked beautifully and where nicely browned after about 10 minutes in our oven.All in all,the results are great.Thank you for posting.
I let them raise for 45 minutes and bake for around ten