55 Minute Dinner Rolls
photo by Saturn
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 2 (1/4 ounce) yeast
- 1 cup warm milk
- 2 tablespoons shortening, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Add warm milk, melted shortening, salt, 1 1/2 cup flour, sugar and egg.
- Beat very hard, then add the remaining 1 1/2 cup flour.
- Let rise 15 minutes.
- Knead and form into rolls.
- Let rise, then bake at 400° for 15 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
WARNING: THIS DOUGH IS VERY VERY STICKY!!! I have patience though, and it was so worth it. I know very well that the best breads and vanilla-based cookies contain milk as one of the ingredients. I specifically searched up milk just to find a recipe like this. It only has 2 tbs of shortening which I liked (fewer calories). I only used one package of yeast, because I was willing to spend more time. Yum
see 1 more reviews