Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my favourite shortbread cookie, and I always have the ingredients on hand. So simple to make and so delicious, it produces a very delicate shortbread that is sure to please.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all ingredients and mix for a FULL 10 minutes.
- Yes, I said a full 10 minutes!
- Mixture will start out very dry and crumbly but will become batter like after the full 10 minutes.
- I like to use my stand mixer for this, but a hand mixer will do the trick if it is a strong one.
- Drop from teaspoons or a piping bag onto a cookie sheet, I find teaspoons work best.
- Decorate with maraschino cherries or sprinkles if you feel fancy.
- Bake for approx 15 minutes or until bottoms are very lightly brown.
- Watch that the tops don't turn brown!
This recipe should not be in the lactose free category when the first ingredient is butter.
These are very yummy. Followed the directions exactly. Wish I had a stand mixer, but was able to do it with a hand mixer. And I was doubtful at first about everything coming together, but it does. They def melt in your mouth. I'm going to be freezing the dough to give away to neighbors.
Definitely melt in your mouth! And super easy to make. Great when you're craving cookies and fast!