Recipe by TheDancingCook
I love stuffed cabbage rolls but don't have the time or patience to stuff them. I usually make a casserole version in the oven but after fooling around with a few recipes I had on hand, I found this way much quicker and just as tasty. Makes a great busy weeknight dinner. I like to serve this with some warm bread or dinner rolls. I also like to make the rice with a recipe posted by Jan S, #53546 Perfect rice every time we cook it!
- 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 709.77 ml cabbage, chopped
- 118.29 ml onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 297.66 g can condensed tomato soup
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 177.44 ml water, divided
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 473.18 ml long grain rice, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- In one pot, cook rice; you will want to end up with 2 cups of cooked rice.
- In the second pot, a medium dutch oven, brown ground beef, onion and garlic; drain if needed and return to pot.
- Add your soup and sauce, 1/2 cup water, cabbage, salt and pepper to taste; stir well.
- Cook over medium heat, covered, for 15-20 minutes or until cabbage is soft.
- Stir occasionally and add remainder 1/4 cup of water while cooking, if sauce gets too thick.
- Divide rice onto 4 plates; top with the beefy tomato cabbage mix.