Another FoodNetwork recipe by Aaron McCargo Jr. Original recipe recommends Bob Evans sausage.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces spicy sausage
- 2 1/4 cups canola oil, divided (1/4 cup)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (6 ounce) box chicken flavored bread stuffing mix, made according to box instructions
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped (plus more for garnish)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- 1Heat a large skillet over medium heat and drop dime-sized balls of sausage inches Cook until golden brown (12-15 minutes). Remove from pan and set aside.
- 2Add the 1/4 cup of canola oil to the pan and stir in 1/2 cup of flour. Stir to creat a roux; cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- 3Slowly add the chicken stock, stirring as you pour. Bring to a simmer. Continue stirring until it thickens (6-8 minutes).
- 4In a separate saucepan, heat 2 cups of canola oil on medium-high heat (350 degrees).
- 5In a large bowl conbine the stuffing, parsley, thyme, and scallions. Take a tablespoon of stuffing and wrap it around a sausage ball, covering completely. Set aside.
- 6When done, dredge balls in remaining 1/2 cup of flour then carefully drop them into the hot oil and fry until golden brown (2-3 minutes).
- 7Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
- 8Turn off heat to the gravy and add the fried stuffing balls. Stir gently to coat; then transfer to a serving bowl.
- 9Garnish with chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 2-In-1 Gravy and Sausage-Stuffed Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1001.8
- Calories from Fat 661
- Total Fat 73.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 22.3 mg
- Sodium 1427.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 15.7 g