Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 4 mins
Cook 36 mins
from "founding foods" comes this recipe!
Make and share this 1796 Cranberry Ketchup recipe from Food.com.
- wash the cranberries.
- in a large saucepan combine the cranberries with the onion & water & bring to a boil.
- reduce the heat to low,cover and simmer for 10 minuites.
- puree the cranberry mixture,return to the saucepan and add the remaining ingredients.
- bring to a boil and cook uncovered for 15 minuites until most of the liquid is evaporated.
- continue stirring and don't allow the mixture to scorch.
- adjust the seasoning with salt and black pepper according to taste.