Recipe by CooksWithScissors
Adapted to our family's tastes from a recipe originally in Cooking Light's January/February 2011 issue.
- 4 chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (juice from 1 lime)
- 2 teaspoons thai garlic and red chile paste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut up chicken breasts into 1" chunks; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sautée chicken chunks until browned on all sides and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan and add chicken broth, apricot preserves, and soy sauce. Bring to a boil, stirring. Cook for 1-2 minutes - don't let it burn!
- Remove from heat; stir in lime juice and Thai chili paste. Add chicken back to pan and toss to coat. Serve over rice.