This is not my recipe. Found it on Key Gourmet by Softkey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11ST DAY: Dissolve salt in 1 gallon boiling water.
- 2Pour over cucumbers and let stand overnight.
- 32ND DAY: Pour off salt water.
- 4Add 1 gallon boiling water mixed with alum.
- 5Let stand overnight.
- 63RD DAY: Pour off alum water.
- 7Add 1 gallon clear boiling water.
- 8Let stand 24 hours.
- 94TH DAY: Boil 1 gallon vinegar and spices wrapped in cloth bag.
- 10Boil 15 minutes and pour over drained cucumbers.
- 11Let stand 9 days moving spice bag around each day.
- 1213TH DAY: Slice or cut pickles and layer alternately with sugar until all sugar is used.
- 13Let stand overnight.
- 1414TH DAY: Can.
- 15(Sugar will pull juice out of cucumbers and make a syrup.) Recipe calls for unsealed pickles; however, I heat the syrup and pickle slices and pack them in hot jars.
- 16I store these in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 14 Day Unsealed Pickles
Serving Size: 1 (11139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 13465.2
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 339661.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3295.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.4 g
- Sugars 3228.5 g
- Protein 21.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: