Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
this makes a very large pie...you will need a 10" pie pan
- 3 large eggs, seperated
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (10 inch) unbaked pie shells
- Beat egg whites stiff; add white sugar, flour and salt.
- add egg yolks and beat again.add evaporated milk that has been poured into a one pint cup and finished filling with water.and add brown sugar --.
- add vanilla and mix well.
- pour into 10" unbaked pie shell(glass pie dish preferred).
- bake at 400* until light brown.reduce oven heat to 325* and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
set up beautifully once it was completely cool. I added a sprinkle of nutmeg on top and loved the added flavor.