1/4 Photos of 10 Minute Szechuan Chicken
Fast and easy is a requirement in my house! (Updated April 16, 2006 to fix the order of the ingredients. I also took out the quantity for the oil so that the nutritional information is a little more accurate now.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 -3 garlic clove, minced (to taste)
- 5 tablespoons soya sauce (low salt works)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vinegar or 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine or 1 1/2 tablespoons rice wine or 1 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 green onions, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne (to taste)
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1Cut chicken into 1 1/2 inch cubes.
- 2Lightly toss with cornstarch in bag to coat.
- 3Heat oil in skillet or wok; stir-fry chicken and garlic until lightly browned.
- 4Add soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and water.
- 5Cover and cook 3 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- 6Add green onions and cayenne; cook uncovered about 2 minutes longer.
- 7Serve over white rice with a side salad for a complete meal.
Browse Our Top Chinese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 10 Minute Szechuan Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.4
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 1398.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 27.9 g