Fast and easy is a requirement in my house! (Updated April 16, 2006 to fix the order of the ingredients. I also took out the quantity for the oil so that the nutritional information is a little more accurate now.)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 -3 garlic clove, minced (to taste)
- 5 tablespoons soya sauce (low salt works)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vinegar or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons white wine or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons rice wine or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 6 green onions, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne (to taste)
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Cut chicken into 1 1/2 inch cubes.
- Lightly toss with cornstarch in bag to coat.
- Heat oil in skillet or wok; stir-fry chicken and garlic until lightly browned.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and water.
- Cover and cook 3 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add green onions and cayenne; cook uncovered about 2 minutes longer.
- Serve over white rice with a side salad for a complete meal.