Beauchamp's Stuffed Szechuan Chicken
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 45mins
1 stuffed chicken
- 1 (3 lb) roasting chickens
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper paste (conimex)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 3 scallions (chopped)
- 1 cup spinach (dry and chopped)
- 1 cup rice (cooked)
- 1⁄4 cup smoked ham (small cubes)
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce (lite)
- 2 slices gingerroot (fresh)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 garlic cloves (crushed)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Soak clay cooker in water 10 minutes.
- Make stuffing of egg, scallions, spinach, rice, and ham.
- Rub chicken inside and out with hot pepper paste, and stuff bird.
- Mix all other ingredients in a bowl, and pour over bird.
- Place the wet clay cooker in a cold oven and cook at 450 degrees for about 1 3/4 hours.
Join The Conversation
An amazing dish! The chicken is soft and juicy. My family and I loved it. I used my pure clay pot as dutch oven and the results were fantastic. I use it to make almost any recipe and get the best results. Here is the <a href=http://miriamsearthencookware.com/>website</a> where I learnt the to cook in these amazing pots.